Make your kids the bag and pouch of their dreams with the Monscorn Pattern Bundle.
MONSCORN BACKPACK DETAILS
The backpack features lots of storage space needed for an average child backpack along with a padded tablet pocket and straps to keep those tiny shoulders protected.
There’s also an optional external lunch box holder if you prefer to keep the lunch separately.
The size is absolutely perfect for toddlers as well as adults. Can fit an iPad, a4 notebooks, and other necessary supplies.
The bag can be made in oilcloth, waterproof canvas or vinyl to make it waterproof for rainy season!
With this pattern, you can make a that will last SEVERAL years and can be passed down.
- 1 yard (1m) of exterior fabric (oilcloth, PUL, canvas or another dirt-friendly fabric)
- ½ yard (0.5m) of contrasting fabric (canvas or quilting cotton)
- 1 yard (1m) of lining fabric (quilting cotton)
- Depending on the monster or unicorn face you want to place on the front of your bag, you’ll need some different colors of vinyl/felt/canvas. See cutting list on page 4 for information.
- 1 yard (1m) headliner (substitute with Vilene Style Vil or Pellon Flex Foam FF77)
- 1 yard (1m) of medium fusible woven interfacing (Woven Fuse, Pellon ShapeFlex SF101 or Vilene G700,)
- ½ yard (50cm) Stiff Stuff® from Sew Lazy® (substitute with Decovil I Light® NOT with Pellon Peltex®)
- 1 zipper #5 (or 4,5): at least 20” (50cm)
- 1 zipper #3: at least 9” (23cm)
- Velcro strip: 2” (5cm) (substitute with a heavy duty snap)
- 2 plastic buckles 1″ (25mm)
- 38″ (100cm) webbing 1″ (25mm)
MONSCORN POUCH DETAILS
This is a super adorable pouch designed to go perfectly with the bag. Can store lots of school supplies all in one place. Also, features a hidden zipper pocket for extra cash or notes.
Don’t want to use it as a pouch? No worries! You can also pack your kids’ small lunch in it or even use it as a toiletry bag for sleepovers.
¼ yard (23cm) main fabric (quilting cotton/canvas/upholstery)
• ¼ yard (23cm) contrast fabric + lining (quilting cotton/canvas/upholstery)
• 10” (25.5 cm) zipper
• 4” (10.5 cm) zipper
• ¼ yard (23cm) white vinyl/felt (unicorn)**
• Large scrap of pink vinyl/felt (unicorn)**
• Small pieces of black vinyl/felt for eyes (unicorn)**
• ¼ yard (23cm) Green vinyl/felt (monster)**
• Small scrap of white and black vinyl/felt (monster)**
• ¼ yard (23cm) Medium weight interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101)
• ¼ yard (23cm) Fusible Fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
• Fabric glue (I use Helmar Fabric Glue, if this is your first time using a fabric glue, I suggest you go for this brand as it dries off quickly and is perfect for sewing).
• 1 ½” (3.8cm) Velcro Strip
• Threads matching the color of vinyl/felt for unicorn/monster face, teeth, horn, eyes, and ears
• Scrap of foam/fleece for horn (optional)
• Permanent glue (optional)
With this purchase, you will get a detailed pattern plus step-by-step video lessons for both the backpack and the pouch. It would be like having me there to guide you for every single step but at a MUCH AFFORDABLE price than taking an in-person sewing lesson.
CLICK THE BUY NOW BUTTON and enroll in the lesson NOW!
20% OFF until Friday, 10th August
Monscorn Pouch Lesson + Pattern
- DOWNLOAD PATTERN HERE
- Cutting & Step 1: Prepping
- Step 2 Sew Face (For Unicorn)
- Step 2 Sew Face (For Monster)
- Step 3: Sew Flap
- Step 4: Sew Bottom Pocket
- Step 5: Sew Zipper Pocket
- Step 6: Sew Flap Pocket
- Step 7: Add Loop
- Step 8: Add Fusible Fleece
- Step 9: Add Gusset
- Step 10: Assemble
- Step 11: Press
Monscorn Backpack Lesson + Pattern
- DOWNLOAD PATTERN HERE
- Cutting & Prepping
- Step 1: Sew Velcro to Main Body Exterior Back
- Step 2: Sew Strap Extenders
- Step 3: Sew Straps
- Step 4: Sew Face (Unicorn Version)
- Step 4: Sew Face (Monster Version)
- Step 5: Sew Tablet Pocket
- Step 6: Sew Zipper Pocket
- Step 7: Sew Top Zipper Panel
- Step 8: Sew Side Pocket
- Step 9: Sew Base
- Step 10: Sew Bottom Lunch Box Cover
- Step 11: Assemble the Gusset
- Step 12: Assemble the Bag